cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal outboard

paul5098
Newcomer
Hi I got problem with my network, once I leave Ireland my I phone6 has no signal no network issues. Please help why???
4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What membership are you on?

Where are you travelling to?

Remember that EU roaming only works on Guido membership and not on any other.

https://www.48months.ie/membership-plans/going-abroad

If you are on Guido and travelling in the EU then see here for an issue that affects iPhones due to the stupid way that Apple do things as usual...

https://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/iPhone-abroad-issue/td-p/36862

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did that help at all @paul5098?
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

paul5098
Newcomer
Hi thanks for reply, next time will be going for holidays will use those settings. Last time I was in Spain and Italy and my I phone6 goes crazy - no signal, battery goes within one hour, and the minute I was back to Ireland all issues where gone and I phone6 back to normal

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
You'll need Guido membership when roaming in the EU. Nothing will work on any other membership.
That behaviour sounds like it's due to the stupid Apple "iPhone abroad" issue where it'll keep searching for networks and deplete the battery.
If it is then change the roaming profile before going abroad.
If you don't do that then it can be tricky to do it abroad.
In that case switching airplane on and then off and then trying the reconfiguration quickly may help to catch the local network briefly allowing the change to be made.
Unfortunately yet another way that Apple make things more complicated for users than they need to be.

Hope this helps.