Members

Average Joe
Accepted Solution

Three Splash Screen on Galaxy S7?

Hi,

Joined yesterday, everything from signup, unlocking phone, buying membership to moving my # from 3 to 48 went OK. Internet and MMS settings changed too. Phone works great now with 48 as carrier.

Only issue I still have is seeing Three splash screen every time I (re)start the phone. Is it possible to change this or is this becuase 48 is piggybacking off 3's network?

Any pointers appreciated.

Chris

The Legend

Re: Three Splash Screen on Galaxy S7?

You mean you didn't see this before joining 48 but you do now?

What did you see before joining 48?

Seems very odd since the splash screen is built into the system (ROM) running on your phone and is not dynamically changed by the network in use.

Hope this helps.

If this answers your question then please mark your question as solved - see here.
Average Joe

Thanks for reply. And no, it was there before when I was with 3 so it's always been with the phone.

I would have hoped now I've joined 48 I'd get some sort of 48 splash screen instead (via the config updates I received/installed?). Or that the 3 splash screen would have been removed/replaced as part of the unlock process.

The Legend
Solution
Accepted by topic author chorn
‎15-07-2017 02:02 AM

[ Edited ]

The splash screen is built into the ROM running on your phone.

Changing networks doesn't affec/change it.

If you want to change it you should Google for information about doing this but it's not that simple unless you already know about how to install/hack (custom) ROMs.

Hope this helps.

If this answers your question then please mark your question as solved - see here.
Average Joe

Yes, as I suspected. I used Cyanogenmod (great!) back with my S4 Mini, but the S7's android updates mean I've always got close to latest version so no real need for custom (I see Lineage is the new kid in custom ROMs as successor to Cyanogenmod now alas gone).

I'll look around google for location of 3 splash file (if anyone knows, appreciated) and ways/files to replace it without going to custom ROM if possible (and post if I find, I'm sure others will tire too of seeing the 3 logo too). Thanks again. 

The Legend

Almost certainly you'll have to root your device to allow you to replace the boot logo/splash screen.
Not sure if that will interfere with getting updates from Samsung?

Hope this helps.

Posted from Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
Average Joe

[ Edited ]

Yes. Looking around (I said I'd post a link for others) there's a lot of material- see here for example. Given Knox/update issues, seeing 3 splash screen is a minor inconvenience and risk/reward benefits of rooting right now don't seem worth it on S7- maybe when it's older and less supported.

Magisk looks an interesting new option since I last rooted (an S4 Mini). Anyone interested can look at this link and be either entranced or horrified at the wealth of material available. If you go for it, be careful and good luck!

Thanks again.