cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to buy unlocked phones? Great deal on Amazon.de

Anon
Not applicable

Just wondering where everyone is getting their phones from?

I just bought one from Amazon Germany and I have to say I couldn't be happier. 

I ordered it on Feb 12 (Wed) and it arrived on Monday, in perfect condition, brand new & unlocked. Put the 48 sim in & it worked straight away. I actually ended up buying it from the Amazon market place, from a company called PriceGuard (www.price-guard.de)  For the one I wanted, the cheapest I could see via the operators here was €349.99 on Vodafone (€419.99 on O2!). So if you add on the cost of unlocking that it would be around €365 plus all the hassle of actually getting it unlocked etc.

I paid €341.80 for it online and it has the standard warranty attached (2 years, with a copy of the warranty statement online).  The one downside is that all of the correspondence etc is in German (funnily enough!) but between google translate etc I could pretty much figure out what was going on. I did send the company an email about the warranty in English and they came back straight away telling me what to do if I had a problem with the phone.

The company came across as completely professional.

All in all, a pretty hassle free & money saving experience. So much so that I'm wondering why I didn't do this before....

1 REPLY 1

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You can get great value on Chinese phones if you shop around carefully. See this LOONG thread for example (check the later pages/posts as the earlier ones are largely redundant now):

http://www.modaco.com/topic/359664-offtopic-china-phone-discussion-updated-30102013/

I'm using a Haier W910 which I got for €80 all in thanks to that thread. I'd never spend more than €100 on a phone - I'd be too paranoid about losing/damaging it otherwise! 😄

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.