Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Why can't I change my membership whenever I like?

Anon
‎23-07-2013 11:08 PM

i want change my membership.i was on don.i want standard membership now just 10 euromonth .how can i do

0 Likes

The Legend
‎23-07-2013 11:11 PM

When your current Don membership runs out (or before) just buy Standard membership instead. You can buy in advance so that it stacks and kicks in when your current membership expires. You cannot convert existing memberships into another type as far as I know. You can only buy Standard membership if you were with 48 before 5th March 2013.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
0 Likes

Average Joe
‎26-02-2015 09:32 PM

This is stupid.  I tried the e10 membership first, but there isn't enough internet in it and now I want to upgrade to the e20.... but I have to buy add ons and wait.... not sure if I'll have the patience for 48.

0 Likes

The Legend
‎26-02-2015 09:45 PM

Memberships always run for a month.

If you use up allowances before the month is up then you need to buy add-ons.

Any new memberships bought stack to kick in when the current membership has expired.

Buying a new membership doesn't prematurely terminate the current membership.

That's just how 48 works.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
0 Likes

Average Joe
‎17-08-2018 10:38 AM

Coming in WAAAY after this post was current but I just contacted 48 on Live Chat and they were able to swap me over from Mitch to Guido plan mid-month. I had to pay again but it's worth it as my usage has changed and I'm mostly using mobile texts at the moment so this will save me €€€ vs buying lots of mobile add-ons at €3/100 texts

0 Likes

The Legend
‎18-08-2018 07:52 PM
That's strange because in the past they explicitly said that they could/would NOT do that for customers...!

Posted from Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
0 Likes

The Legend
‎19-08-2018 08:24 PM
So turns out that it is a general change in policy and users CAN now request via 48 support that a newly purchased membership starts immediately thereby prematurely terminating the current one.
I wasn't aware of this until @girlonline99 mentioned it above and I confirmed it subsequently with 48 support.
Pity that so many existing posts/threads explicitly say that this is NOT possible because it wasn't in the past.
Some users will end up confused or assuming that it's still not possible...

Posted from Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
1 Like

Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>
Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community