cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage and Facetime won’t activate my number

MarcelinaT5325
Newcomer
4 days ago I switched from Three to 48. I moved my number over but my iMessage and facetime won’t activate. I have tried every option I could find on the internet and still not working. It’s telling me “You must have a SIM associated with an apple device for 353(my number) to be used for iMessage and Facetime”.

I’ve triple checked and my number has successfully moved over so I’m not sure what the problem is. Any time I try to activate my iMessage, it tells me it failed. Please help!
5 REPLIES 5

MarcelinaT5325
Newcomer
I should add that I also put in 5 euro credit in my account to activate it and it is still failing to activate.

In every other case that I've seen putting cash credit on the account to pay for the UK SMS messages that get sent to the UK Apple activation server did the trick.

It's strange that this isn't happening in your case.

I presume that you've waited a bit and maybe turned the phone off and on again?

All I can suggest is that you contact 48 support for further assistance.

But I suspect that they'll just say that it's an Apple issue.

Is this of any use perhaps?

Is the phone definitely detecting the SIM, getting a connection to the 48 network and allowing you to make; receive calls, send/receive texts (maybe not if iMessage isn't activated?) and use mobile data?

Is the phone unlocked for use on any network?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Yep the phone is getting a connection with the SIM, and I’m able to send text messages , make calls and use the mobile data and everything. The only thing that’s not working is my iMessages and facetime, i’m only able to send messages through my Apple ID email, not phone number.

The phone is unlocked too. This is super frustrating I’ve been at this for the past 3 hours..

Was the link that I posted of any use?

If not then there seem to be many other reports of the same issue elsewhere and some suggestions on how to address it.

Seems like it is a common enough issue and probably related to the ridiculous activation process that Apple insists on imposing on iPhone users.

Maybe there's some Apple support channel that you can try?

Or maybe one of the "geniuses" in an Apple store might be able to help?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

It definitely sounds like Apples issue since everything else is working fine for me. I tried everything in the thread you sent me yesterday unfortunately. I’ll contact apple support today, thanks!