cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

48 and the new roaming tariffs

dermodyr
Newcomer

New EU legislation arriving in mid June. It states that when you are travelling within the EU you will be able to use  calls, texts and data from your original plan, at no extra cost.

https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/en/roaming-tariffs

So will I be able to use my 48months bundle over in Espana?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

This new announcement is relevant here:

https://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/Going-away-Using-48-when-roaming/m-p/44774#M...

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

11 REPLIES 11

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Not sure about calls and texts but 48 still don't support data services while roaming abroad so I don't expect any change there.

Last time we had such an EU mandated change to roaming charges 48 complied so I would expect them to do so here too.

If I hear anything more from 48 support I'll let you know.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

This new announcement is relevant here:

https://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/Going-away-Using-48-when-roaming/m-p/44774#M...

evanboy
Newcomer
I can connect to mobile services in France, and make and receive calls and texts, but data roaming is still not available.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Check the APN field of your APN configuration.
If it's not 48months.liffeytelecom.com then change it to that.
Then switch airplane mode on and then off and see if data services work.
If they don't then post back and/or contact 48 support for further advice.

Hope this helps.

frank_franks
Newcomer
Hi Dalyer,
Thanks a mil. That works a treat! Cheers

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Great. Thanks for confirming that it worked.
That tip has worked for a few others so it may be the general solution to this common problem for people roaming in the EU on a Guido membership.
Glad it helped anyway.

paulkbyrne
Newcomer
Worked a treat for me in Germany also at weekend, many thx

paulkbyrne
Newcomer
It appears the issue is that the APN doesn't update automatically and needs to be done manually

What do you mean exactly?

Doesn't update to what?

What needs to be done manually?

As far as I can see many people who have had this problem find that the APN field of their APN/internet settings configuration gets changed when roaming in the EU and manually editing it to set it back to 48months.liffeytelecom.com fixes the problem (after a reboot or after switching airplane mode on and then off).

Do you mean something other than this?