cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any sign of a 48 App?

Anon
Not applicable

I had read on the 48 Facebook page a fair few months ago that an App was nearing completion and in the final testing phase.

Any sign of it being released?

What features will it have?

17 REPLIES 17

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Yeah - I'm not really sure what benefits an app would bring. I also have the short codes and details of how to buy stuff by text in my contacts for ease of access and that works well. It would be nice to be able to top up by text or via the SIM toolkit though. I must add that to the feature/enhancement request thread...
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

I know there's a mobile version of Just Hang Out, but it would be nice to have an app that's even more user friendly, and just a quick login to check out how much internet/calls/texts I have left!

I get a mobile version of the whole forum when I click on links in email notifications of posts to threads that I'm following - not just Just Hang Out. It's OK but a bit limited - e.g. cannot edit posts, a bit tricky to navigate in certain ways. However I still don't see how an app would improve matters that much. And I certainly can't see how 48 would justify the cost of developing one given the possibly marginal return/benefits especially when they don't budge on other things that many more people would benefit from ... e.g. some of the items mentioned here:

Feature/enhancement requests thread

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

I don't see it happening soon, but I agree that it's tricky editing posts etc, and I'd like a quick and easy upload option from the mobile version so if I come across something interesting on my Reddit rambles, I can easily upload a photo. Not that I need an entire app for that though 😛

Anon
Not applicable

It'd be awesome to have an app that allows for you to check out not only forum posts and private message updates but to also allow you to access your 48 Account and check your minutes, texts, remaining days in your membership (current membership and next membership if you have one purchased) internet data and the option to purchase the memberships/add ons from the app ;D

marionh
Crew (retired)
Crew (retired)

Hi guys,

We have an update about the new app in Techie Updates here. 🙂

Anon
Not applicable

Awesomeness has just arrived, thanks for that update! Didn't think you'd come back that fast with that kind of update, so kudos to you!

I'm guessing you plan to have the app the exact same on Android and not have features left out? 🙂

marionh
Crew (retired)
Crew (retired)

Yeah, there might be some differences from a user experience perspective but functionality should be about the same as with the iPhone version.