cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple's claims

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Had to laugh when I saw this - well it was either that or cry!

Apple-new-switch-to-iOS-website-01.jpg

They should read this forum (and those of many other networks - especially "virtual" networks - that they don't deign to recognize) to see all of the problems that iPhone users have that users of other phones don't have - e.g.

1. Problems activating the phone on certain networks and the need for the process to be able to send a UK SMS behind the scenes and the process giving no indication of what's gone wrong when it fails.
  2. Problems activating FaceTime, iMessage etc. with similar issues and confusion arising.
  3. Problems roaming and having to manually switch the roaming profile - something that ends up being very difficult to do if you forget to do it before travelling. And again the phone offers no help as to what is going wrong or how to fix it when things do go wrong.

And that's just the common problems!

Man Frustrated

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.
3 REPLIES 3

48_Retired
Crew (retired)
Crew (retired)
Haha, I thought the exact same thing when I saw it! Each to their own I guess *shrug* 🙂

I forgot to mention another common one - not receiving text messages after you switch from an iPhone to a non iPhone because you forgot to disable iMessage.

The list goes on...

And it's not just iPhones - somebody I know updated their iPad to a recent version of iOS and it wiped their date. OK you should have it backed up to iTunes or iCloud but some apps don't support this and the master data is stored locally and lost in this case. Admittedly you could blame the app writer rather than Apple but on the other hand they don't warn that the data will be wiped so you onle discover it after the fact.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

@dalyer wrote:

somebody I know updated their iPad to a recent version of iOS and it wiped their date.

That would drive me crazy, yea he should have had it backed up but still! Mad stuff in this day and age to not have automatic backups or at the very least warnings of potential data loss.