cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International service

maccer1603
Newcomer
Hi I’m in France but can’t connect to network. Ha worked before.
8 REPLIES 8

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Are you on a Guido membership?
EU roaming only works on a Guido membership.
If you are on Guido then, since you seem to be using an iPhone then this issue, due to the stupid way that Apple do things, may be relevant.
You may need to be patient and persistent to get it working.
Toggling airplane mode on and then off and trying the roaming profile reconfiguration tip quickly may help.

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/iPhone-abroad-issue/td-p/36862

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support then please click here - if the Chat Now option does not appear on that page then keep trying until it does.

Did that help at all @maccer1603?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support then please click here - if the Chat Now option does not appear on that page then keep trying until it does.

maccer1603
Newcomer
I’m afraid not. I have an iPhone 6, have tried turning airplane mode on and off loads of times. Goes searching for a network, tries to connect then just comes up ‘No service’

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
You have to keep trying and maybe use the airplane mode trick.
Blame Apple for this stupid problem.

Hope this helps.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
By the way are you sure that after you toggle airplane mode on and then off you are trying this reconfiguration?

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/iPhone-abroad-issue/td-p/36862

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Any update @maccer1603?

maccer1603
Newcomer
Working now thanks.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Great. Was it just a case of trying the roaming profile reconfiguration persistently until it took effect?