Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No network since Friday evening

janemoore
Newcomer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

janemoore
Newcomer
Cannot receive or make calls also no internet since Friday evening here in Wexford Ireland

View solution in context

22 REPLIES 22

No but another network informed me that 48 have gone bankrupt ? Maybe space they were renting on a mast is gone ?

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
LOL. Who told you that?!
Either they were just talking rubbish or they were confusing 48 with idMobile who wound up a few months ago.
48 working fine for me here in Dublin.
Did you contact 48 support?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support then please click here - if the Chat Now option does not appear on that page then keep trying until it does.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Any update @janemoore or @kippure ?
Any update on the questions that I asked?
Were 48 support able to help?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support then please click here - if the Chat Now option does not appear on that page then keep trying until it does.

have no service for last 5 hrs,48 said it could take 2 weeks to fix it,not sure why it would take that long

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Where are you located?
Did they give any explanation for the outage?
Two weeks seems crazy...
Is it a 3 network problem?

http://downdetector.ie/problems/3/map/

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
What does your My 48 account page say about all of the following...

(1) your membership status
(2) your current membership expiry date
(3) any "next" memberships queued up and the start date(s)
(4) your membership allowance balances
(5) your cash credit balance

Did everything work ok before?
If so did anything change on your phone - e.g. software update or settings changes?
What make and model of phone do you have?

If necessary you may want to contact 48 support - see the link in my signature below.

Hope this helps?

vortec
Newcomer
Same in Wicklow!!!its getting a little ridiculous
Spoke to 48 and after some persistence I got told -yes transmitter is down but can’t be affecting you ....for heavens sake

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Any update @seany19?

JPH9726
Newcomer
Please help 48 team. I have put my elderly mother's phone on 48, but there is no network coverage. Emergency calls shows up on phone. It is completely useless and the phone cannot be used. If it does work, it only does so for 10-15 seconds. Also, I cannot find anyone employed by 48 to chat to or contact in anyway about these issues.

@JPH9726 wrote:
Please help 48 team. I have put my elderly mother's phone on 48, but there is no network coverage. Emergency calls shows up on phone. It is completely useless and the phone cannot be used. If it does work, it only does so for 10-15 seconds. Also, I cannot find anyone employed by 48 to chat to or contact in anyway about these issues.

Is the phone unlocked for use on any network?

What make and model is it?

If it's an iPhone then the usual stupid Apple activation process may be the problem.

This sends a SMS to an activation server in the UK and this will not go on 48 unless you have cash credit to pay for it.

If it's an iPhone then try putting €1 cash credit on the account, switch the iPhone off and on again and wait a bit to see if it activates.

Hope this helps.