cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
79% helpful (18/23)
Admin48
Crew (retired)
Crew (retired)

When you insert your 48 SIM into your handset you may be asked to enter a 4 digit SIM PIN code. This code will be printed on the SIM card packaging you've just removed your SIM from.  If you dont want to have a SIM PIN set up on your phone then just go to your settings and go to security and privacy and you can remove this security option. 

If you’ve forgotten your PIN number? Not to worry, it happens the best of us and we've a few options to get you back up and running!

Firstly check the SIM packaging that you got your SIM in, your PIN will be printed here.  PIN1 is what you’re looking for. If you've binned the packaging or misplaced it then don’t worry just read on.

Just a heads upWe don’t have a copy of your SIM PIN in our records, so to get back up and running enter the wrong PIN three times so it blocks your SIM.  You can then use your unique PUK code to unblock it again. 

If you've accidentally blocked your PIN already then your phone will ask for a PUK, unblock code or something similar. 

How to get your Unlock PUK Code.

1. Log into your 48 account on desktop or App.
  2. Go to My Profile>> My Details, also available here
  3. In My Details you'll see your PUK code displayed. 

Whats next..

Now enter the PUK code number into your phone and you'll then be asked to create a new PIN.

Enter the new PIN once and you'll then be asked to confirm it a second time. Just like that your back  up and running again!

If you have any problems with this and you have tried the PUK a few times without success get in touch with the care crew here.

If your SIM is completely blocked which can happen if you've entered your PUK code too many times then you'll need a new SIM, you can order a replacement SIM here

Was this article helpful? Yes No
Version history
Last update:
‎19-04-2021 11:57 AM
Updated by: