cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone deactivation

pinevalley
Newcomer

My iPhone has suddenly deactivated and I need to unlock it! I don't know why this happened but I cannot get into my phone! I am messaging from a different phone so cannot be contacted on <phone number removed>. Gillian

4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What exactly do you mean by "deactivated" and "cannot get into my phone"?

If you mean that it's PIN locked and you need your PIN or PUK then see here

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/I-forgot-my-PIN-or-need-my-PUK/td-p/35067

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support then please click here - if the Chat Now option does not appear on that page then keep trying until it does.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did that help at all @pinevalley?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support then please click here - if the Chat Now option does not appear on that page then keep trying until it does.

Thank you for your help but its not that I have forgotton my PIN.  When I enter the correct PIN the following message comes up....Activation Error....Activation request could not be completed. Please press the home button to try again.  If the problem persists , please contact customer care.   

So I went on to Apple support and they told me to go in through icloud and follow directions which finally tell you to click to remove phone from account.  I am afraid to do this as it may lose all data that I have on my phone.  It then tells you to turn your phone off and then on to set up.  Sounds like I would be starting from scratch again!

My next move is to visit Apple store in Dundrum Town Centre to see if they can help as I dont think it is the SIM.

Agatha B

Sounds like yet another issue due to the stupid way that Apple do things.

Try putting a small amount of cash credit on your 48 account (the minimum topup is €1).

Then power off and on again and maybe wait a bit before seeing if you can then get in.

The reasoning here is that the Apple iPhone activation process (which should only need to be done once but maybe it can be required more than once - e.g. after a (major?) iOS update or something?) needs to send a UK SMS behind the scenes and on 48 this will fail to send unless you have at least 25c cash credit to pay for it.

See if that works but ultimately this is almost certainly yet another problem due the stupid way that Apple do things.

And they don't explain any of this stuff adequately in store or online.

As I mentioned only today in another post a bug portion of the problems posted here on the forum are down to the stupid way that Apple do things to unnecessarily complicate life for iPhone users - e.g. iPhone activation, iMessage activation, FaceTime activation, roaming profile problems, difficulty in configuring internet/APN settings, difficulty in enabling personal hotspots etc.

Hope this helps.