cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Say hello + introduce yourself

Admin48
Crew (retired)
Crew (retired)

You shy? Nope didn’t think so. Own the room, say hello + introduce yourself.
I’ll kick it off.

I’m Denise, originally from Germany and I'm looking after this community as the community manager. I’m into travel + dancing (if I can spare enough time + cash) and I love spending a bit more on quality coffee (everyone needs some luxury)

But that’s enough about me. What about you? What do you spend all that cash on?

156 REPLIES 156

Hi Denise

my name is Rosemary.  I'm going to Marbella next Friday, I have €23 in my Credit.  Do I need to add any more as I understand Roaming is now free.

perhaps you would confirm this for me.

if I do need to do any more, what is it?  Many thanks.

rosemary

You need a Guido membership and then your membership/add-on mobile calls, landline calls, text and data allowances should work fine as normal.

You don't need additional cash credit on your account unless you want to buy add-ons.

You should read this which explains how EU roaming on Guido works:

https://www.48months.ie/membership-plans/going-abroad

If you don't have a Guido membership when roaming in the EU then nothing will work.

If you have an iPhone then you should be aware of this issue due to the stupid way that Apple do things:

https://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/iPhone-abroad-issue/td-p/36862

Some people roaming in the EU on a Guido membership find that data does not work even though it should.

If this happens then check your internet settings and if the APN field has changed from 48months.liffeytelecom.com then edit it, change it back to that, reboot and try again.

If it still doesn't work (as happens to some people) then you'll have to contact 48 support.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

1amcn
Rock Star
Hey Denise!

Apologies for my tardy response (work!)

I adore new culture experiences & a smidge of adventure... horseriding on the Sahara, Christmas markets in Spain, Diving in the Black sea, 800 mile road trip from Tunisia to Algeria & Libya...
A mixed lot! next is a Baltic capitals Cruise & hopefully, whale watching in Iceland too !

All said and done, sure can't beat the coffie in Italy 🙂

Anywhere in particular that blew your mind on your travels? where do you plan to visit next?

1amcn
Rock Star
Hey warrick

Can you fully explain to me what has happened?

Ps i am a community helper - i am registered on the 48 network like you... i don't work for 48, (no one on the forum does)... so can i ask you to reply to us here about what happened - in detail but-minus the expletives 😉

Deal?

sineaddallasir
Newcomer

Hello guys,

Im Sinead im from Meath,  Im in first year in UCD. Sup People what's crackin...

@sineaddallasir wrote:

Hello guys,

Im Sinead im from Meath,  Im in first year in UCD. Sup People what's crackin...

Hey Sinead, welcome! How's it going?

Anon
Not applicable

Hi Niall and Sinead,

Welcome! I am in UCD as well, 2nd Year Elec Engineering.

Adam

Anon
Not applicable
Welcome Niall!

looks like we have an ole' healthy team of helpers here!

😄

Anon
Not applicable

Hi All,

Niall here, Just signed up to 48 yesterday and i've never seen such a positive start to a provider. Excellent friendly customer service to answer any teething problems you may be having or just for some friendly craic.

I'm a Galaxy S2 user, so if anyone is having any issues or wants to know anything about the phone itself just let me know. I can't promise to give you the answer to your questions but i'll give it a right go!!!

Looking forward to meeting with you all!!!

marionh
Crew (retired)
Crew (retired)

Hi Niall, how's it going? Great to hear about the positive start and hope you will have a good time here!