Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Say hello + introduce yourself

Anon
‎09-07-2013 09:31 AM

Hello can anyone help me? I just got my 48 sim and got my old number transfered, seems the transfer went well but i cant send messages i recieve them but cant send also i cant work the internet thing they dont have my phone on the list (motorola razr i) .. help anyone?

Btw you can call me rachelSmiley Happy

Crew Member (retired)
‎09-07-2013 09:36 AM

Good morning, Rachel Smiley Happy Have you tried searching for the answer? There's a big search box at the top of the main community page here: community.48months.ie I would be surprised if nothing came up for you. You'll more likely receive an answer if you ask your question in our Need Help section, btw.

What are you up to today? Hopefully you're out in the sun, not sat in an office (at least we have a/c)

0 Likes

The Legend
‎09-07-2013 10:31 AM

minions wrote:

Hello can anyone help me? I just got my 48 sim and got my old number transfered, seems the transfer went well but i cant send messages i recieve them but cant send also i cant work the internet thing they dont have my phone on the list (motorola razr i) .. help anyone?

Btw you can call me rachelSmiley Happy

What does your online account say about your membership type/status, expiry date and mobile/landline calls, texts, data and cash credit balances?

Have you tried configuring your internet/APN settings manually using one of the existing handsets as a guide or by using Tweakker APN?

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Internet-Settings/m-p/78#U78

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Internet-Settings/m-p/474#M116

If you can't get it working then you might need to log a support request to get 48 to help you:

http://help.48months.ie/requests/new

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
0 Likes

Anon
‎09-07-2013 10:34 AM
Yes I have tried that I cant find anything on it and I really need my sim to work within the next three hours
Posted from Motorola XT907

The Legend
‎09-07-2013 10:40 AM

Tried what?

Maybe you can address some of the questions and suggestions in my post?

And/or log a support query as I suggested but you may not get sorted in 3 hours.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
0 Likes

Anon
‎09-07-2013 10:44 AM
I have tried acquiring internet and APN settings I still can't get anything I have also sent emails for support
Posted from Motorola XT907

The Legend
‎09-07-2013 10:48 AM

Did you try Tweakker APN assuming that you can access the Google Play Store over wifi?

What happened?

Did you double check any manually entered APN settings to make sure that they match one of the listed handset guides?

Did you enable [national] data roaming?

What exactly are your APN settings right now? Post them in full here an people might be able to comment.

Can you make and receive calls?

Being able to receive but not send text messages is a bit odd - it suggests that your SMSC is correctly configured. Do you have membership including text allowance? What does your online account say as I asked above?

You may just have to wait for support to get back to you.

0 Likes

Anon
‎14-07-2013 02:44 AM

hi 48  i'm eddiegary and i need help because i'm without my phone,, can you help to actavate it

The Legend
‎14-07-2013 02:12 PM

You'll probably have to post some more details for people to comment as you don't really give any info about your problem/situation. You might also want to log a support query to ask 48 for help.

http://help.48months.ie/requests/new

Hope this helps.

0 Likes

Buddy
‎15-07-2013 10:33 AM
Hey! I'm Paul! Brand spanking new to this network (so sick of 02) haha. I'm a dj, and I play three musical instruments, bass drums and guitar. I hale from Co. Wicklow. I a total coffee snob( it seems like I'm not the only one)Smiley Tongue I am a part time sound engineering which is my real passion. I'm a bit of a laugh I hope! And always up for a chatSmiley Happy. Hope to talk soon!
--
Community Helper!
For FAQ visit http://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/bd-p/faq
Posted from Apple iPhone
2 Likes

Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>
Top Discussions
Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community