Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam texts

noeleen45
Visitor
Hi I've been getting spam texts from iMSG2409. Can 48 block them
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You should be able to contact the sender and tell them to stop.

If they don't then you can complain to Comreg.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

8 REPLIES 8

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You'll have to contact 48 support but I don't think that they can do this.
You should contact the sender and ask them to cease and desist.

What/who is iMSG2409?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

noeleen45
Visitor
Thanks for the reply. I have no idea who or what iMSG2409 is. I've tried to block them on my phone but I'm not having much luck

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
What number do they come from?
Where does it mention iMSG2409?
What is the text of the message?
Can you block the texts locally on the phone by blacklisting the number?
Did you contact 48 support to see if they can suggest anything?

Hope this helps.

noeleen45
Visitor
The iMSG2509 is the no it cam from. The message was a link to exclusive vouchers. I've managed to block the number deleted it now

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
I don't understand how a text can come from "iMSG2509" (you originally said iMSG2409) when that's not a number.

If I Google "iMSG2409" or "iMSG2509" I don't find anything related to spam texts.

Hi the 2509 was a typo is was from iMSG2409. I know that its not a phone no but this is who I got the message from and thats why I was asking for advise. I also googled it and got nothing. However when I googled the link in the message ie exclusive vouchers its spam. As I said I managed to block iMSG2409 and I have deleted the message. 

You should be able to contact the sender and tell them to stop.

If they don't then you can complain to Comreg.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your advise