cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Takenover by 3 but not on 3network

duffstuff
Newcomer
It appears that 3 are attempting to force people of 48 by keeping us on an ever dwindling O2 network. When I received an email from 48 advising that they have been taken over by 3, 48 informed us that in their own words " Actually the only thing that will change is that we're now part of one of the largest networks in Ireland and therefore your network coverage will be better than ever". Over one month on and 48's network has never been worse, still not allowed to connect to the 3 network. Can 48/3 or three months or 144 as you humours tools called it in your email actually explain what's happening with this!!
4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What specifically is your problem?

This?

Over one month on and 48's network has never been worse, still not allowed to connect to the 3 network.

If you cannot call/text people who are on the 3 network then you may need to contact 48 support to get that sorted out:

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

For some reason, from time to time, specific users are unable to call/text specific other numbers or networks and it seems to require intervention by 48 support. Never understood why this happens other than perhaps when joining and porting a number over and some routing tables (or something like that) don't get updated immediately.

Other than that what specifically do you mean by the network "never being worse"?

The more detail the better including detailed descriptions, errors messages, screenshots etc.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

duffstuff
Newcomer
Thought the query was quite simple, but owell. The main issue is that when ever I'm in a location where 3 ire is the only available network, I cannot connect to that network. I get the message: not registered on network. This means that I have to use a 3 sim to make and receive calls when I'm at home in my perants house.
This just annoies me, when it states all over the 48 website and literature that 48 are on the 3 network with 99% coverage. This is untrue as I cannot connect to the 3 network.

> Thought the query was quite simple

I found it difficult to see it between the rudeness and ranting to be honest.

The main issue is that when ever I'm in a location where 3 ire is the only available network, I cannot connect to that network

Where for example?

when it states all over the 48 website and literature that 48 are on the 3 network

You'd need to ask 48 support about the details of how their virtual network operates on the old O2 and/or new 3/merged O2 network.

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

duffstuff
Newcomer
Not sure where you might have got that i was unable to make calls to people on 3 specificall, from your first reply. LOL, enough said. Oh and SO sorry for offending your mild mannered constitution.