Members

Average Joe

US roaming

I am currently in the US and was hoping to use my phone for calls and texts only really for emergencies. However, I have been here over a week and it has permanently said 'No Service' so I am wondering what the problem might be? I don't think it's the area in general because others are not having similar problems.
Posted from Apple iPhone
The Legend

Re: US roaming

Are you using an iPhone?

If so then it's almost certainty the usual iPhone roaming problem due to the stupid way that Apple do things.

See here

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/iPhone-abroad-issue/td-p/36862/jump-to/first-...

You will have to be persistent and maybe try many times to get that to work.

Switching airplane mode on and off and then trying it quickly may help to catch the local network and allow you to make the necessary configuration changes.

You will also need cash credit on your account to cover the costs of outgoing calls and texts and incoming calls.

Hope this helps.

If this answers your question then please mark your question as solved - see here.
Posted from Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
The Legend

Did that help at all @lbruen?

If this answers your question then please mark your question as solved - see here.
Average Joe

Yes got it to work thanks so much for your help!
Posted from Apple iPhone
The Legend

Great - glad you got it sorted @lbruen and thanks for confirming that.