cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming

lbruen
Newcomer
I am currently in the US and was hoping to use my phone for calls and texts only really for emergencies. However, I have been here over a week and it has permanently said 'No Service' so I am wondering what the problem might be? I don't think it's the area in general because others are not having similar problems.
4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Are you using an iPhone?

If so then it's almost certainty the usual iPhone roaming problem due to the stupid way that Apple do things.

See here

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/iPhone-abroad-issue/td-p/36862/jump-to/first-...

You will have to be persistent and maybe try many times to get that to work.

Switching airplane mode on and off and then trying it quickly may help to catch the local network and allow you to make the necessary configuration changes.

You will also need cash credit on your account to cover the costs of outgoing calls and texts and incoming calls.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all @lbruen?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

lbruen
Newcomer
Yes got it to work thanks so much for your help!

Great - glad you got it sorted @lbruen and thanks for confirming that.