cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100 texts

nicole0101
Visitor
I renewed my plan the other day for 15gb of data and 100 texts. And it says I’ve used all my texts even though I don’t think I sent more than 10 if any
10 REPLIES 10

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What does your My 48 page say about your current membership status, expiry date and text allowance balance?

https://www.48months.ie/my-48

Could you have sent 10 very long texts?

Your allowance is measured in individual SMS messages but long texts can use up more than one of these - especially if using accented/extended characters (e.g. texting in a foreign language with accents/diacriticals etc.).

Are you sure that your recently purchased membership has activated?

Or could you still be on an older membership which has not yet expired but whose text allowance you have used up?

In that case you need a text add-on rather than a new membership in order to be able to send further texts until the current membership eventually expires.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

nicole0101
Visitor
I sent 4 short texts since the plan was activated, says there is 0 texts remaining so I bought an add on.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
You didn't answer the questions that I asked...
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

nicole0101
Visitor
Membership status says “paid” , current plan:the Mitch, expires 11th feb, 98 texts remaining (because I bought an add on)

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Ok if you think that you didn't get your membership text allowance or it disappeared too quickly then you'll have to contact 48 support and ask them about it.
See the link in my signature below.

Hope this helps.

Were 48 support able to explain if/why you didn't get your new membership text allowance @nicole0101?

nicole0101
Visitor
No not really, I will just go back to my old plan next month

That's odd - if there was a mistake (e.g. your new membership started but you did not get the required text allowance) then 48 support should be able to explain and fix that for you.

nicole0101
Visitor
All sorted now thanks for your help