cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 hours to activate sim??

wobs
Visitor
Activated me SIM at 5.30 and now 8.45 but still have signal on old SIM and it says to wait till coverage is gone before putting in New 48 SIM ???
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Activations are done during 48 support office hours and not 24x7.

48 support office hours are 8AM to 10PM.

How to get help

Give it a bit longer and if it's still not done later this morning then contact 48 support using the info in the link above.

Hope this helps,

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

24 REPLIES 24

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Activations are done during 48 support office hours and not 24x7.

48 support office hours are 8AM to 10PM.

How to get help

Give it a bit longer and if it's still not done later this morning then contact 48 support using the info in the link above.

Hope this helps,

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

wobs
Visitor
Great thanks for your help I was sure about it thanks again

Did you get it sorted/activated?

wobs
Visitor
Sure did thanks

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Great. Glad you got sorted.

wobs
Visitor
Don't know if this is relevant to the change to 48 but when with Vodafone and if I got a message from someone their name came up,now since new 48 SIM just the numbers are coming up no names....any ideas

wobs
Visitor
Ah I figured it out never saved contacts on phone they were all on SIM 😭

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
It's generally better to save contacts in your Google account on Android or iCloud contacts on iOS rather than on the sim.
That way they get backed up.

Hope this helps.

wobs
Visitor
If I'm getting a new phone and the SIM required is a nano but the one in my old phone is not a nano what can I do?