Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
63% helpful (22/35)
jess_48
Community Manager
Community Manager

What is an add-on & how does it work? 

Add-ons are bundles which can be activated to get additional allowances.

Below is a list of add-ons that we offer! 

Add-on Name

Price

New Plan

Legacy

Plan

100 Texts

€ 3.00

NA*

Available

Calls 60 minutes

(mobile & landline)

€ 3.00

Available

Available

Internet 1GB

€ 3.00

Available

Available

Landlines 10 minutes

€ 3.00

NA*

Available

* On our new plans that launched on 21st April 2020, you have access to unlimited texts & unlimited minutes for landlines & mobiles within the Republic of Ireland, and calls made while roaming in the EU to other EU numbers and back to Republic of Ireland.

Just remember! Add-ons can only be activated while there is an active plan on your account. 

How do I buy an add-on? 

You can buy add ons through your My48, either on desktop or through your My48 App.

Login to your My48 >> My48 >>Tap on Flexi data >> Add ons and select the add on you want to buy.

In a hurry, just click 👉 here 

You have the option to pay for your add on through your saved card, use another card, or pay from your current credit balance. 

How long are my add-ons valid for? 

Add-ons are valid for one month until midnight of the final day of expiry or until the allowance has been used up. 

How many add-ons can I activate in a one-month period? 

There is no limit on the number of add-ons that can be activated in any month. You can buy as many add-ons as you want, but each add on will only last one month from the date of purchase, or until it is used up.  

Are my unused add-on allowances carried over to the next month? 

No, make sure you use them so you don't lose out! 

I bought an add-on but can’t use services?

Add-ons will only work if there is an active plan on the account.  

• If you don’t have active plan, you can buy one, here 
  • If you have an active plan, check if your account been suspended.
  • 48 have a fair usage policy. If you’re in breach of this, then your plan might be suspended.  
  • You should have received plenty of warning via email about this from 48 Customer Care. 
    • Suspended: Ouch! It can't be lifted until your current plan is up. 
    • Not suspended: Time to troubleshoot further! Refer to one of these articles depending on the issue: 

Paid extra money?

If you tried to pay for an add-on and were overcharged, chances are you’ve accidentally bought more add-ons than you meant to buy!  

• When you buy an add-on, the allowance is added to your account immediately. You can check that out on My48
  • So if this happens, then you’ve just bought yourself some extra add-ons, and if the allowance is unused – no harm done! Best thing to do now is to contact 48 Customer Care here, so they can sort that out and get your money back to you.  
  • Just ensure that you don’t use up any allowance from the extra add-on, or we won't be able to refund the add on back to you.  

I bought the wrong add-on? 

If you’ve bought the wrong add-on, then the best thing to do now is to contact 48 Customer Care here, so they can sort it out and get your money back to you.  

Just ensure that you don’t use up any allowance from the extra add-on! 

Still confused 😕? Something not working the way it should? 

We've got a bunch of extremely knowledgeable people on our Community, it's the best place to find more explanation and help.

Was this article helpful? Yes No
Version history
Last update:
‎03-07-2023 04:07 PM
Updated by: