Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Can't buy membership

Average Joe
‎12-09-2018 11:25 PM
I've tried 3 different cards from different devices and numerous times, but cannot buy membership. Very frustrating. A crew member gave me a link to buy as a gift for someone but still says there's a technical issue with my card. Really need to get this sorted soon.
Posted from Samsung SM-A520F
0 Likes

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can't buy membership

The Legend
‎13-09-2018 05:26 PM
Did you contact 48 support as I suggested above?
The link that I posted explains where you can buy top-up vouchers and how to use them!

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.

View solution in context

Posted from Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
1 Like

All Replies

The Legend
‎12-09-2018 11:37 PM
Did it ever work for you with any of these cards?
What are the exact error messages that you get?
You probably need to talk to 48 support (again?) to get this sorted out.
In the meantime if nothing else works you'll probably have to buy a top-up voucher, top-up your cash credit balance that way and then buy membership using the cash credit balance.

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/How-do-I-top-up-Overview-of-the-top-up-paymen...

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
0 Likes

The Legend
‎13-09-2018 06:27 AM
Any update @swell?

0 Likes

Average Joe
‎13-09-2018 04:58 PM

Hi dalyer, 

No they are new bank cards but they work online for everything else. The error message says: due to a technical issue, we are able to process your transaction at this moment. Please contact your nearest branch for assistance . 

So still no joy, and can’t contact the bank as I’ve no credit and I don’t have a house phone. Any idea where I can buy a top up voucher?

Thanks 

Swell

Posted from Apple iPad
0 Likes

The Legend
‎13-09-2018 05:26 PM
Did you contact 48 support as I suggested above?
The link that I posted explains where you can buy top-up vouchers and how to use them!

Hope this helps.

1 Like

The Legend
‎14-09-2018 09:36 AM

Did that help at all @swell?

0 Likes

Average Joe
‎14-09-2018 11:23 AM

Hi I have the same problem with trying to buy membership with new cards. This has being going on for 4 months now. I have chatted with 4 differerent 48 agents, tried all their suggestions. I was told someone from their technical team would contact me, that was over a month ago but not heard from anyone. I have just checked, same problem there. My cards working properly anywhere else I tried so the problem is with 48. I have being renewing by buying the voucher from shop and topping up but not happy that 48 have not fixed the problem with their website

Posted from Huawei AGS-W09
0 Likes
Highlighted

The Legend
‎14-09-2018 11:28 AM

That's weird and I agree that the issue should have been sorted out by now.

And having to topup by voucher all the time is a real pain alright.

Anything unusual about the cards?

I presume that they're standard VISA or Mastercard debit or credit cards?

Is 3D Secure security enabled on them?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3-D_Secure

While it shouldn't be necessary to ask the bank about this maybe they can tell what's going wrong when you attempt to use them on 48?

Hope this helps.

0 Likes

Average Joe
‎14-09-2018 02:20 PM
Yes, ordinary Visa/MasterCard. Yes there security protected which appears to be the problem, issue between 48 and banks. My card went out of date and the updated card then would not work on 48 worked everywhere else. Got on to them again this morning so they working on it, standard answer for the past 3 montthes
Posted from Motorola Moto E (4) Plus
0 Likes

Average Joe
‎14-09-2018 02:32 PM
I used my husband's card from a different bank and from our laptop and it worked. Have his card details saved now instead so happy days. All good. Thanks for your help 😁
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
0 Likes

Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>
Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community