cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge for international text

evieod
Visitor

If international texts cost 25c, why was I charged 50c each for the two I sent today to the UK? 

6 REPLIES 6

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
It's 25c per SMS.
Long texts or those using accented characters or emojis etc may use more than one SMS on one message.
That could explain it perhaps?

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
The details are a bit complicated and dependent on various factors but, in general, a text containing 160 or fewer "regular" characters (e.g. no accented characters, emojis etc.) will be sent as a single SMS.
But longer than that and it's split into chunks of 153 (or less) each using one SMS.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Yes, thanks Dalyer. Could have done with having that explained when I joined up, though. I can't actually find the page where the charges for international texts are shown.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
International charges are outlined here but don't distinguish between "texts" and individual SMSs.
On the other hand most or all other carriers don't make this distinction either as far as I know.

http://www.48months.ie/membership-plans/international-calls

If ever in doubt about where your cash credit is going just contact 48 support and ask them for details.
See the link in my signature below.

Hope this helps.

Great, thanks a lot, Dalyer 🙂

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Glad it helped @evieod.