cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit not working

miaw
Newcomer
I have just under €10 credit whilst I'm in the UK for a few days but I can't send texts or make calls. When I attempt to make a call it tells me my membership has run out, but I'm waiting to be back in Ireland to renew it. In troubleshooting it says you can buy credit to use abroad, so why can't I use my credit to text and call? Thanks in advance
5 REPLIES 5

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Looks like you're using an iPhone?

If so you have my sympathy as you're most likely suffering from the same old iPhone roaming problem that hits lots of people (not just on 48) because of the stupid way that Apple do things.

See here:

https://community.48months.ie/t5/Phones/Roaming/m-p/45248

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

miaw
Newcomer
Thanks for getting back to me 🙂 have to admit that I'm a little confused by your solution. I don't have an issue with the service abroad, I was able to send texts with my credit balance whilst my membership was still live earlier in the week, it's just stopped working now that my membership has run out. Does credit only work alongside a live membership? I went through the steps of your solution to test it and it still doesn't work so I don't think that's the issue. Please correct me if I'm missing something

Ok - that's a different issue and the explanation is simple - add-ons or paid serrvices only work when you have an active membership so that's your problem here.

You may still be able to receive calls and texts with no active membership but that's all.

For anything else you need to buy a new membership.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

miaw
Newcomer
Ah, that's annoying. I was with Giffgaff before I moved to Ireland and assumed that you could use credit on your account irrespective of a membership being active or not like you could with Giffgaff, but thanks for clearing that up for me, much appreciated.

I'm pretty sure that that's the case - i.e. that you need an active membership for any services/addons to work (other than incoming texts and calls?) and that seems to tally with your first hand experience but you might want to double check with 48 support to be sure that there's not something else going on here.

Hope this helps.