cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data add on for roaming

samsheehan1107
Newcomer
If I buy the data add on will I be able to use it when roaming?
Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Depends - if you are roaming in the EU on a Guido membership then your Guido membership data allowance and/or any data add-on allowance should work:

EU Roaming Update
Roaming & Troubleshooting Guide

If you are roaming anywhere else (rest of Europe/outside EU, North America or Oceania) then data will not work as 48 don't support it other than when roaming in the EU on a Guido membership.

Bear in mind that many people have been having problems getting data working while roaming in the EU on a Guido membership even though it should work.

Also - since you seem to be using an iPhone you should be aware of this issue due to the stupid way that Apple do things - it hits many iPhone users and causes them problems when trying to get even calls and texts working while roaming:

iPhone abroad issue

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did that help at all @samsheehan1107?
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

samsheehan1107
Newcomer
Yes but I'm wondering if the data ADD ON will work. The 1GB for €3. Thank you

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
As I already said the data add-on should work if you are on a Guido membership roaming in the EU.
But not otherwise.
I.e. if you're roaming outside the EU on any membership including Guido or roaming in the EU on a membership other than a Guido membership.
Also many people have been having problems with data while roaming in the EU on a Guido membership even though it should work.

Hope this helps.

Did that help at all @samsheehan1107?

samsheehan1107
Newcomer
Oh yes thanks very much