cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearing text balance

victoriamaria
Newcomer
I have just started my new 'the Mitch' month yesterday. It comes with 100 free texts. I tried to text today, the text wouldn't send. I went onto my48 and to my surprise my text balance is 0! I don't even think I text anyone at all yesterday, I usually use whatsapp or iMessage, so where did my 100 text go??
My balance money from last month has disappeared rather too quickly as well, can someone explain what's going on or I'll be looking for more reliable network (I have had lots of problems when traveling abroad as well and it's just piling up at that stage) 😕
7 REPLIES 7

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
You get 100 SMS messages but bear in mind that a long text or one using accented characters or emojis etc can use more than one SMS in one go.
Could that be relevant here?

It's difficult to comment on your cash credit balance without knowing your usage patterns - in particular what services you use that are charged from your cash credit balance (e.g. MMS, calls to "special" landlines such as 1850/1890 numbers, international calls/texts etc.).

Best thing is probably to contact 48 support and ask them for a breakdown of your SMS and cash credit usage to clarify matters.

By the way since you never posted before, in particular about roaming issues it's impossible to comment on that issue either. However you seem to be using an iPhone in which case it's possible that this issue affected you due to the stupid way that Apple do things

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/iPhone-abroad-issue/td-p/36862/jump-to/first-...

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Thanks for your answer. I have tried to sort my other issues by directly cintacting 48 (with different results, usually by being sent to find the answer on the forum). I did not send a text worth 100 texts, however long it would be, it is just physically very unlikely. As a matter of fact I checked- I sent 2 messages yesterday, one as an iMessage (so I shouldn't get charged for it anyway), the other an ordinary text consisting of 7 English words. I know it's not time and place to discuss that break down, I'm just confused what has happened to the other 99 texts. And I will contact 48 directly, I just don't have time to check my balance everyday to make sure it's correct, that situation should have never happened. 

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
48 support should be able to provide a detailed breakdown of allowance balance usage on request.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did you contact 48 support to ask them for detailed allowance usage details @victoriamaria?

marfar
Visitor

marfar
Visitor
How can I contact 48 Supports?

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Here - option 3 or use the chat facility during support office hours

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

Hope this helps.