Going to America what's d best membership to cover me while

clairemc
Visitor

11 REPLIES 11

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

It's all the same which you use.
With all memberships you'll have to have cash credit to cover the costs of outgoing and incoming calls and outgoing texts.

The charges are the same on all memberships.
See here:

http://www.48months.ie/membership-plans/going-abroad

Carrier data services will not work at all so you'll have to use wifi where available.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all @clairemc?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

clairemc
Visitor
Heya ye so I'll just buy my normal €10 membership n maybe €20 credit too and yeah where we staying has wifi as has most places in America is this ok!???

Yes - that should work.

Bear in mind that the charges for outgoing and incoming calls are steep enough so €20 may not last that long.

I'd be more inclined to use something like WhatsApp or Skype on wifi for calls to be honest.

You seem to be using an iPhone in which case you will also need to be aware of this issue due to the stupid way that Apple do things:

iPhone abroad issue

Hope this helps.

clairemc
Visitor
Brilliant that's great yeah will defo use wats app or messenger for calls so thanks 😊

Glad it helped.

tommielawler
Visitor
Failure roaming for maura odiscroll

@tommielawler wrote:
Failure roaming for maura odiscroll

Your post doesn't make sense - again.

You posted here and it didn't make sense either!

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Joining-48/Whats-App-Latest-on-Voice-Calls/m-p/45479#M757

Please clarify what your question/problem is.

Any update @tommielawler?