Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS

quirke66
Visitor
How can I send a multi text, ive no MMS
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

As far as I can see group message is an Apple iMessage feature which may "downgrade" to SMS or MMS if non iPhone/iMessage users are included in the recipient list.

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT202724

But I'm still not clear what the problem (and error message) is here so it's difficult to advise.

For what it's worth a quick Google throws up many end user problems with using iMessage.

As ever (and as regularly reported here and globally) Apple seem to make it as difficult as possible for people to use their products for some reason.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

19 REPLIES 19

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Did you read this?

A little note about picture messaging

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all @quirke66?

quirke66
Visitor
Not really, Im on the Guido but I have credit in my account yet when I try to send a group text it fails ?

Did you read all of the article that I linked to?

Did you check that your internet/APN settingsa are configured correctly for internet and MMS?

Does normal internet access work?

What do you mean by group text?

I thought that the issue was MMS?

Are you sure that this isn't some stupid Apple iMessage issue?

What error message(s) do you get when things fail?

Hope this helps.

As far as I can see group message is an Apple iMessage feature which may "downgrade" to SMS or MMS if non iPhone/iMessage users are included in the recipient list.

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT202724

But I'm still not clear what the problem (and error message) is here so it's difficult to advise.

For what it's worth a quick Google throws up many end user problems with using iMessage.

As ever (and as regularly reported here and globally) Apple seem to make it as difficult as possible for people to use their products for some reason.

Hope this helps.

Did that help at all @quirke66?

quirke66
Visitor
I'm not sure, tried to send a group text to 50 friends and it said Sending but didn't change. I had tried sending it using the app Connect 😩 I'll try again using iPhone message app 🤞

quirke66
Visitor
Thanks for all your help so far 👍🏻

Ok - but why do you think that it has something to do with MMS?

And there were no error messages or other clues as to what went wrong?