Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS

quirke66
Visitor
How can I send a multi text, ive no MMS
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

As far as I can see group message is an Apple iMessage feature which may "downgrade" to SMS or MMS if non iPhone/iMessage users are included in the recipient list.

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT202724

But I'm still not clear what the problem (and error message) is here so it's difficult to advise.

For what it's worth a quick Google throws up many end user problems with using iMessage.

As ever (and as regularly reported here and globally) Apple seem to make it as difficult as possible for people to use their products for some reason.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

19 REPLIES 19

quirke66
Visitor
Up until this morning, I only had the ability to send SMS. After I following your instructions I now have an MMS option. Does the Guido account allow MMS sending?

Did you read the FAQ that I linked to in my first post?

Any membership "allows" MMS messages to be sent but MMS messages are not covered by any membership or separately purchased add-on allwoances - they must be paid for from cash credit on your account (30c each).

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

quirke66
Visitor
I did thanks, ive credit in my account and I followed all instructions 😩 I will take it into phone shop tomorrow and we'll see from there. Thanks again.

I'm still not really clear what the problem is to be honest...

Any update @quirke66?

quirke66
Visitor
Sorry, ment to get back to u. First problem, too many characters in message - sorted. Second, some incorrect numbers - sorted. Third, difference in how numbers are listed +353, 00353, 085, 086, 083 - Im not sure here as I got replies from half the list so I changed the whole list to 00353********* I will try another mms tomorrow 🤞

I still don't know why you're having these problems and would be inclined to blame the usual Apple stupidity (e.g. with iMessage?) that causes problems for end users.

quirke66
Visitor
You could be right, maybe its time to change my phone ! Decisions, decisions 😝

To be fair I doubt that you need to change your phone over this and it should be possible to get things working.

quirke66
Visitor
That's true, but there are more reasons than this. Time and wallet will tell 😀