cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

julieclancyy
Visitor
Hi I am a new member I have paid my membership and entered settings in my new phone it says no service 😞
9 REPLIES 9

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Did you activate you SIM correctly?

https://www.48months.ie/activate-sim

What does your My 48 account page say about your membeship status and expiry date?

https://www.48months.ie/my-48

If your SIM is correctly activated and your membership is active then the problem may be the fact that you are using an iPhone.
Due to the stupid way that Apple do things iPhones need to be activated on a new network.

And on some networks this requires the iPhone to silently send a UK SMS to an activation server.

If this process fails the iPhone doesn't tell you which is really dumb.

On 48 a UK SMS costs 25c to send to the solution may be to put a small amount of cash credit on your account then reboot the phone and wait a while to see if it eventually activates and starts working.

Blame Apple for this stupidity.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

julieclancyy
Visitor
It says expires 13/03

You probably need to try the cash credit tip that I mentioned above.

Chances are the iPhone needs to activate on the 48 network before it will work.

(I'm assuming that the iPhone is unlocked for use on any network and is not locked to a specific network by the way).

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

julieclancyy
Visitor
So I need to put more credit in my own account or can it be done from a different account please

@julieclancyy wrote:
So I need to put more credit in my own account or can it be done from a different account please

If iPhone activation is the problem - and I can't say for sure that it is but it looks like the most likely issue - then you need to put, say, €1 cash credit on your account by topping up your cash credit balance and then switch off and on again and wait a while until (hopefully) the iPhone activates by sending the UK SMS (costing 25c from your cash credit balance)  to the activation server.

Unfortunately you will not know that this is happening until (hopefully) things start working.

All this is due to the stupid way that Apple does things.

Hope this helps.

julieclancyy
Visitor
Thanks for the help I have done that but to no avail

It may take a little while.

You could also try syncing with iTunes as that sometimes takes care of the activation process too.

If it doesn't work then you'll have to contact 48 support - see the link in my signature below.

Hope this helps.

julieclancyy
Visitor
Ok thanks again

Did you get this sorted out @julieclancyy?