cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New sim. Cannot receive or send calls or texts.

AoibheK9239
Newcomer

Just received SIM in post. Activated membership ok.
Took a new phone number from 48 (treble checked).
Phone has a network and shows 48 as supplier.
I received 2 txts from 48 to say they would be sending mobile data settings.
I cannot receive or send calls or texts.

I want to at least send a text before I buy credit.
Any pointers?

4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You can't make calls or send texts until you buy a membership.

Normally you can receive calls and texts even if you don't have an active membership but that may only be after you have had at least one active membership - I'm not sure.

You say that you "activated membership ok" but it's not really clear what you mean by that since you subsequently say that you want to send a text before you buy membership (which is not possible as I said).

I suspect that you will have to buy membership first.

https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/All-About-Memberships-and-Payments/ta-p/53105

If necessary contact 48 support to double check this info.

See the link in my signature below.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

AoibheK9239
Newcomer
Thks for reply. I cannot receive a call or test, even though i have activated SIM and membership.

I still don't understand what you mean by "I have activated ... membership". Did you buy a membership? If not then you definitely won't be able to make calls/send texts until you do. And, as I said, while normally you can receive texts and calls even if you don't have an active membership that may only be the case after you have bought at least one membership. Why don't you just buy membership?

You also seem to be saying that you cannot receive texts but in your first post you said that you received texts from 48. So that's also confusing and inconsistent info.

Also, forgot to say, ignore the texts from 48 about sending internet/APN settings (as I don't think that they ever do) and just configure them yourself.

https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/My-Internet-is-not-working/ta-p/45928

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

AoibheK9239
Newcomer
48 support are working on the issue. There is an issue with the number assigned.