cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving MasterCard OTP texts

MichaelP9091
Newcomer

Sorry if in the wrong place. I was googling and have looked at other threads. Recently moved from Eir. Not getting my bank's OTP's. The bank or credit union current account, is Mastercard. I have got the current accounts OTP and PayPal for example and other texts. I just haven't got these texts at all. No good to me if I can't access my account.

I did chat to support, but they recommended chatting to the bank as they said when you change servers the bank may have issues with it?

Anyway, I worry this will be a bigger hassle than it should be, and I'm ready to jump ship if needed. Any recent thoughts, tips or general direction?

2 REPLIES 2

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

> I did chat to support, but they recommended chatting to the bank as they said when you change servers the bank may have issues with it?

That doesn't make any sense to me to be honest.

What do they mean by "changing servers"?

Some people have reported problems with receiving security texts from different service providers.

Unfortunately I don't know if/how any/all of them got the problem rectified because none of them ever posted back with an update.

Personally I've never had any problems with any security texts from many different service providers.

But maybe I was just lucky...

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Yeah, that's unfortunate that no resolution has been given.