cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting over business number

EddieN3971
Newcomer

Hello, I'm trying to port over my old number, which is currently under my employers plan, so it won't let me do it automatically.  I've tried to contact support through twitter but haven't received a response and it's been over 24 hours.  Any suggestions ?  Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Why won't it let you port it over?

Did you get some error message or something?

You will just have to keep trying to contact 48 support if this cannot be done the normal way.

See here:

https://community.48.ie/t5/Memberships/customer-care-number/m-p/53861

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Are you familiar with the porting process ?

When you click the option to "move your number" it says:

What kind of account did you have with your old mobile network?
  • Pre-pay
  • Bill pay
  • Business/Family Account

If you choose pre-pay or bill pay it'll ask you for the code that was sent via text to your mobile.  If you select Business / Family Account it says:

• Get in touch with a 48 agent
  • Having a family or business mobile phone account works a little differently...
  • Get a new number for now, and then get in touch with a 48 agent. They will then move your old number for you.
  • What info do the agents need?
  • • Number to transfer
  • • Account Number
  • • Family / Business account

and there's button that says "Contact a 48 agent".  When you click the button it takes you to this page:

https://48.ie/help

and it seems the only way to do a webchat is via Twitter or Facebook ???

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
There's also the web chat to contact 48.
It's appearing for me right now when I log into my My48 account.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

See here...

Screenshot_20201007-130219.png