cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems getting new phone up and running on 48

emilyk3937
Newcomer

I have been with My48 for about 2 years now and I recently got a new phone and have decided to set up my own account to pay for my own Phone bill. After Christmas I clicked auto renew ,but it did not auto renew.

It logged me out of my account so I logged back in to pay my plan and it is now asking me for my 6 digit SIM number, which I entered but it keeps saying error.

Due to this I have no Mobile Data, I am going abroad in 2 days on a solo trip and desperately need it to work while I'm away. 

I would very much appreciate help with my situation.

1 REPLY 1

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Your post is a bit confusing.

I have been with My48 for about 2 years now and I recently got a new phone and have decided to set up my own account to pay for my own Phone bill.

If you have been with 48 for two years then surely you already had an account through which you bought membership etc.?

After Christmas I clicked auto renew ,but it did not auto renew.

What exactly do you mean? 

You registered your card details on your account and enabled auto-renew but when your existing membership plan eventually expired then auto-renew did not buy a new one?

Did you get any message/error message about this?

Was the card used previously used to successfully purchase stuff on 48?

How were you buying membership for the past two years? Manually?

Have you bought a new membership manually for now until any auto-renew issues are figured out and resolved?

It logged me out of my account so I logged back in to pay my plan and it is now asking me for my 6 digit SIM number, which I entered but it keeps saying error.

This is also confusing. 

What number are you entering and where?

Are you saying that when you try to log into your My48 account (on the web or on the app?) it's asking for this 6 digit code? I'm not aware of the My48 account login ever asking for a code - just your email address and password.

Or do you mean that your phone is asking for a code when you reboot it?

If it's your PUK that you need then see here:

But maybe the new phone is locked to another network and is asking for a PIN to unlock it for use on any network?

48 can't give you this - you'll have to ask the mobile provider to which it is locked or get an independent third party unlocking service/shop to unlock it for you:

What is the exact prompt when you are asked for this PIN and where does it appear (on the phone? on your My48 account login page? etc.)?

Due to this I have no Mobile Data

Can you get into the phone at all?

Do calls and texts work OK?

If you got a new phone then you most likely need to configure your APN settings for mobile data to work.

Text "APN" to 50048 and follow the instructions.

I am going abroad in 2 days on a solo trip and desperately need it to work while I'm away

If your SIM predates January 2023 then ideally you should get a replacement before travelling - but it's probably too late for that now for a trip in two days:

Unfortunately some people are still having problems getting roaming to work when it should just work.

You should check these threads before travelling in case they help:

As I say some of your issues are a bit confusing and maybe need further clarification.

If you need to contact 48 support about any of this then see the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.