cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming SIM

darijadaca
Visitor

I recently got my new SIM and paid for membership, but at the signal bar it has 'R' for roaming. Also, when I try to call someone it says 'The SIM card you are about to use is roaming. Do you want to continue?' Any reason why this is happening?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi

Can you call out & text anyway despite the Roaming message?

48 is an MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator)

In essence, we are Roaming on the 48 Network.

Never let the roaming icon worry you, while on your home Network (48) - it will not see you incur a charge like if you were on a contract with a provider and found yourself roaming - it is different on 48.

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi

Can you call out & text anyway despite the Roaming message?

48 is an MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator)

In essence, we are Roaming on the 48 Network.

Never let the roaming icon worry you, while on your home Network (48) - it will not see you incur a charge like if you were on a contract with a provider and found yourself roaming - it is different on 48.

Further...

You can disable the Roaming warning via the Settings/Mobile Networks (etc) route on your handset, perhaps you might concider this if it continues/is frustrating for you...

Not all phones allow the roaming "R" to be disabled.

If there's no option for this (often something like "Enable national data roaming") then you just have to live with it.

It's no harm and doesn't mean that you incur any additional costs etc.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.