cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming on non guido membership

annah
Newcomer
I know i can only roam on the guido membership but 48 wont let me switch until my current membership is up. What am i supposed to do for roaming until then?
5 REPLIES 5

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
You can roam on any membership outside of the EU.
In the EU you can only roam on Guido.
If you want to terminate your current membership early so you can start a Guido then you'll have to contact 48 support and see if they can do anything for you.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did that help at all @annah?
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

annah
Newcomer
I contacted customer support who told me that there is nothing they can do to change my membership until the current one expires at which time i'll be back in ireland anyway!

Needless to say, i'm switching networks as soon as i get back 😂

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Sorry to hear that.
To be fair when the roaming changes were introduced in June 48 did advise users to make sure to buy a Guido membership in good time in advance of traveling so that they could use calls/texts/data while abroad.
But I agree that it's a bit messy and it would be good if there was an option to force a new membership to start early.
In fact that would be to 48's benefit as they would be getting paid twice for the relevant period...

annah
Newcomer
That would require knowing up to a month in advance that youre going away though which isnt always possible for everyone. To be honest I just couldnt imagine one of the other networks bringing in such an awkward and nonsensical policy and then providing no decent support or solution for when it inevitably all goes wrong!