cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming

emg13
Newcomer
What is happening. I am going to Spain on 24th June. Will I be able to make phone calls.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes you can buy any membership that you want each month.

You just need to ensure that you buy a Guido membership on the membership renewal date nearest to your departure date if you want to be able to use your 48 SIM while roaming abroad in the EU.

A month on from when the Guido membership activates it expires and you can revert to Don membership.

Memberships always run for a month and cannot be terminated prematurely and replaced by a new membership.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

27 REPLIES 27

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Did you read this?

EU Roaming Update

If you buy a Guido membership on or after 13th June that starts on or before 24th June then you'll be fine and will be able to use your membership allowances while roaming for mobile calls, texts and data at no extra charge (i.e. no EU roaming add-ons or extra cash credit needed).

If not then you won't be able to use your phone while abroad.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all @emg13?

What hapens if your guido minutes run out when roaming ?

Did you read the link posted above?

You can buy a regular add-on (landline or mobile mins).

EU Roaming Update

Roaming

Going away? Using 48 when roaming

Hope this helps.

emg13
Newcomer
Ok. But what about the Don is that covered for travel to Spain after 24th June. Eddie

No - as explained above and in the link that I posted.

After 13th June the only membership that will work while roaming in the EU is Guido.

And it must be a Guido membership bought and started on or after 13th June.

As explained in the announcement if you normally use a membership other than Guido then you will need to buy a Guido membership (on or after 13th June and which starts on or after 13th June) in advance of travelling if you want to use your 48 SIM while roaming in the EU.

Hope this helps.

Did that help at all @emg13?

bfkthomas
Visitor
I will take it you can stay on Don membership till I'm going away in September, then You can switch back to Don membership after you come back from holidays, I'm taking this is right????

Yes you can buy any membership that you want each month.

You just need to ensure that you buy a Guido membership on the membership renewal date nearest to your departure date if you want to be able to use your 48 SIM while roaming abroad in the EU.

A month on from when the Guido membership activates it expires and you can revert to Don membership.

Memberships always run for a month and cannot be terminated prematurely and replaced by a new membership.

Hope this helps.