cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming

emg13
Newcomer
What is happening. I am going to Spain on 24th June. Will I be able to make phone calls.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes you can buy any membership that you want each month.

You just need to ensure that you buy a Guido membership on the membership renewal date nearest to your departure date if you want to be able to use your 48 SIM while roaming abroad in the EU.

A month on from when the Guido membership activates it expires and you can revert to Don membership.

Memberships always run for a month and cannot be terminated prematurely and replaced by a new membership.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

27 REPLIES 27

Any update @dvfarrell?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

I got a response .....

Hi

The changes coming into effect are taking place on the 13th of June, and will affect using the phones in EU countries.

The only membership that we have that will work for roaming will be GUIDOs purchased on or after the 13th.

However for both yourself and your brother, as your memberships would be due to renew on the 6th of June, you will still be able to use any EU add ons purchased before the 13th of June, which will remain valid for one month.

But after the 13th of June the add on won't be available and the MITCH membership won't be available abroad.

For more detailed information check out the follwing link:

http://48months.ie/roaming/the-mitch?

For anything else, check out our community at 48go.co/48community

All the best!

John @ the 48 care crew
Go conquer!

So solution .... buy Guido on 6th and get Add on's. This will cover EU for a month.
Going forward, when going abroad, make sure you buy Guido for that month

That's interesting and wasn't obvious from the info posted to date as far I can see.

So a Guido membership + EU roaming add-ons bought before 13th June will continue to work while roaming in the EU even after 13th June?

Thanks a lot for posting that as it may well help others.

Is this comment true. If I buy data add on before I go away June 10th it work after 13th

@dvfarrell wrote:
Is this comment true. If I buy data add on before I go away June 10th it work after 13th

No. That's not what was said.

The add-ons referred to are EU roaming calls and texts add-ons.

Hope this helps.

Did that help at all @dvfarrell?

I don't see an option to buy data roaming add ons in my 48? Option is only for calls and text

There is no roaming data add-on.

Data does not work at all abroad on 48.

That will change on 13th June for Guido memberships bought/started on or after 13th in which case your regular membership/add-on allowances will work while roaming in the EU.

Hope this helps.