cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why my balance is 0 now?

Anon
Not applicable

Hi 48,

I didn't use my phone for two months at all, but I have a direct debit system of payment and every month money is deducted. Why my balance is 0 now?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anon
Not applicable

Dalyer, I'm sorry for 2 days delay with answer, I didn't check my mail.
It was a technical problem with a web site. Information displayed wrong. When I checked it via short codes, everething was ok, while website was showing other data.

View solution in context

15 REPLIES 15

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You mean you have membership auto renewal enabled?

With that when your membership renews the money is taken to pay for that.

It doesn't go onto your cash credit balance.

Monthly membership gives you certain call/text/data allowances.

If you don't use them up then they disappear at the end of the month.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

Anon
Not applicable
I meant I turned on my phone and my balance is 0, despite the fact that the current membership has not yet ended (money was deducted 5 aug and I didn't use my phone).

What balance?

You mean your cash credit balance?

Dial *100# to get this.

If this is 0 then it's no surprise - as I said each time you buy a membership that money is gone to pay for the membership and never appears on your cash credit balance.

48 is not like other pay as you go networks.

On 48 you must buy a membership for any services to work and the membership comes with certain bundled allowances.

The money paid for membership does not appear as cash credit on your account.

Unlike other networks you don't need cash credit on your account to pay for common services although you do for some (e.g. international calls/texts, MMS messages, calls to special numbers - e.g. 1850/1890 etc).

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
Sorry dalyer, I'm stupid... It was really wrong explanation.... I don't mean money, I mean when I see the diagram on My48 website e.g.

Mobile minutes

Mobile texts

Internet

Landline minutes

- they are empty.

What do you get when you dial the various short codes to get your mobile mins, landline mins, text and data allowances?

Handy short-codes

What is the expiration date on your current membership?

If the balances on your current active membership are zero then are you sure that you or somebody else didn't use them up?

If so then you need to contact 48 support to ask them about this:

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

Hope this helps

Anon
Not applicable
I didn't use the handy short codes (will do), I just saw my48 website.

Thank you so much for your comments, you really helped.

There are three ways to check your membership status/allowances:

1. Online via your My48 account
  2. Using the iPhone/Android 48 app
  3. Using the short codes above

All should return the same results so if your My48 account page online is saying that your membership allowance balances are zero then I would expect the others to concur.

If your allowance balances are zero but you think that you never used these allowances up then you need to contact 48 support to get them to explain what has happened.

Please post back when you/they get to the bottom of this.

Hope this helps.

Did that help at all?