cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving number ... not so quick as says

umindaugas
Visitor

Moved number,  10 hours passed.. still not conecteced . number dosent moved, phone without network.

Cant buy plan and I have to go to work today, so all day without network.

Start not good.

Seems this is lie:

"It can take up to three hours to move your number to 48. When you lose your old network signal pop your new 48 SIM in your phone."

11 REPLIES 11

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What time did you submit a request to port your number?

Bear in mind that the 3 hours referred to above is within number office porting hours.

Also if it takes longer than that then you are advised to contact 48 support.

It's all explained here:

How do I keep my old number?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all @umindaugas?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

answer looks nice, lets wait for Tueasday

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What do you mean wait for Tuesday?
48 support/porting work 7 days a week albeit not 24 hours a day.
Has your number still not ported?
Did you contact 48 support back when I originally replied to your post?
If not, why not?
Sometimes there ​are problems porting numbers and you have to contact support as the FAQ that I linked to above advises.

Hope this helps.

Any update @umindaugas?

Had your number ported?

If not did you contact 48 support?

If not why not?

Yes, numbver is moved. Thanks.

Update your FAQ, that if on acc are 2+ numbers, can be issues.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Glad you got it sorted.
What was the problem and solution?
What do you mean by "if acc are 2+ numbers"?
That doesn't make sense.
And 48 account/SIM can only be associated with a single number as far as I know.

With Meteor I had 2 numbers on 1 owner. That cost problem with moving number. FAQ says that you can move number in ...how many hours?

p.s. NETWORK IS CRAP!!!!!!! Newer ever had problems before in Dublin. now nobody can reach me in Clonmdalkin (swiming pool), some areas in Tallaght... sometimes no internet in Dublin... seems I did mistake. moving my number. Don't think will be very long with you.