cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new charges for 13.06.2017

danielcarroll01
Newcomer
I waited with bated breath for June this year so I could phone /text England and I said great news for people who had hitherto been ripped off.
But now I find that there's no change.
I'm still being charged.
I can't find any explanation of this.
I'm up to date with my Guido membership.
So what's the problem love Danny
3 REPLIES 3

danielcarroll01
Newcomer
I shudder to think what'd happen if I tried the internet when abroad

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

@danielcarroll01 wrote:
I waited with bated breath for June this year so I could phone /text England and I said great news for people who had hitherto been ripped off.
But now I find that there's no change.
I'm still being charged.
I can't find any explanation of this.
I'm up to date with my Guido membership.
So what's the problem love Danny

The changes in June were to EU roaming.

Specifically that it now only works on a Guido membership and membership allowances (including data) apply even when roaming.

http://community.48months.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/The-Roaming-Info-and-Troubleshooting-Guide/ta-p/45...

I don't know where you got the impression that these changes would affect how international calls/texts (e.g. to UK) would be handled.

These are still the same and you neeed cash credit to pay for them.

http://www.48months.ie/membership-plans/international-calls

For those having problems with data while roaming in the EU on a Guido membership the most likely fix is to edit the APN field of the APN configuration to change it back to 48months.liffeytelecom.com if it has changed automatically then toggle airplane mode on and off and try again.

In most or all cases it looks like this change fixes the problem.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did that help at all @danielcarroll01?
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.