Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

roaming

ciswoods
Visitor

Hi

I'm on Guido auto renewed 12th of each month

Going to EU on holidays 8th July and would like to avail of the new roaming laws, but as the new terms only come into place on memberships after the 13th June , mine then won't come into effect until the 12th July, 4 days into my holiday.

That means I will have no data for 4 days, also it says that roaming calls and texts add-ons are not available after the 13th June.

It appears that my best option is to turn off auto renewal  and then when my present membership expires on the 11th June I should not renew it until the 13th and that should bring me back on track. If I'm missing something or there is a better way please let me know.

Regards, 

Mick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Sounds right to me.

Delay your next renewal until 13th June and that membership and the next one will cover you for your hols.

If you have no membership on the 12th then you obviously won't be able to make calls or send texts but I think you'll still be able to receive calls and texts.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Sounds right to me.

Delay your next renewal until 13th June and that membership and the next one will cover you for your hols.

If you have no membership on the 12th then you obviously won't be able to make calls or send texts but I think you'll still be able to receive calls and texts.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

bfkthomas
Visitor
I have the Don membership but I'm not going away but Can I text and receive texts from the UK????

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

If you're in Ireland you can receive international texts on any membership.
And you can send them if you have cash credit on your account to pay for them (25c per SMS - long messages may use more than one SMS).

BTW if you're not going abroad then why did you post your query in a thread about roaming...?!

Hope this helps.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did that help at all @bfkthomas?