cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

won't allow me buy Europe roaming

peig
Newcomer
Message says Would you like to a €0 credit when I got the button to buy roaming minutes?? Then it said You have not placed an order- cos it's €0!! Any ideas?
6 REPLIES 6

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

EU roaming add-ons no longer exist from today (13th June) but it looks like the website version of the system hasn't yet been updated to remove them - the app has been.

See here:

EU Roaming Update

From 13th June EU roaming only works on Guido memberships activated on/after 13th June and then you can use the regular membership or add-on allowances whether you're in Ireland or roaming elsewhere in the EU.

EU roaming will not work on any other membership or a Guido membershp started before 13th June.

And EU roaming add-ons are no longer relevant so have been withdrawn (even if the website seems to still display the option right now!).

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all @peig?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

peig
Newcomer
Thanks for explaining this. However there appears to be no logic whatsoever in this policy. I pay twice aa much as the Guido but don't get EU roaming?? This policy also may contravene the EU directive. It just doesn't make sense.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
If you have issues with it you should contact 48 support.
The changes in EU roaming rules were announced several weeks ago and members were informed by email/text.
How do you think that it breaches the EU directive?

Hope this helps.

peig
Newcomer
I'm denied access to EU roaming by some rediciculous policy which should not happen

I suspect that by giving you a month or more notice of the changes they are not in breach of any rules.

But, as I said, if you feel the need to complain abour or pursue this then contact 48 support.

Hope this helps.