cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
55% helpful (33/60)
jess_48
Community Manager
Community Manager

Effective as of the 5th of April 2022, we've launched a brand-new all data plan that will cover all of your needs, at an amazing price tag of just €12.99.

Our All-Data plan is available to both new and existing customers. 

48 €12.99 Plan Guide.PNG

Fair usage policy applies where * indicated, for more info, see here 

With 48, you can use your data in lots of different ways. We call this Flexi-data, and this allows you to donate, share, save (and more) through your My48 web or App.  

Find out more about flexi-data, here  

Plan versus Top up. 

What’s a Plan?

A plan is your allowance allocation of calls, texts and data rolled up into a package that you can purchase every month. 

You can buy plan through your My48 account, here

What’s Credit?

Credit is the amount of funds that you can add to your My48 account with your payment card. Your credit will remain on your My48 account, and you can use this balance to pay for any additional cost that aren’t covered within your plan such as MMS, international calls, premium rate numbers and/or buying add ons.  

The real sweetener is that you can purchase your plan from your available credit balance, so long as the balance covers your full plan cost. 

To add additional credit to your account, just Login My48>>My Profile>> Payment details>> Add Credit.

What is the difference between a Plan and Credit?  

Simply put, your plan is your allowance allocation of calls, texts, and data. While your credit is your account credit balance that can be used to cover additional charges or buy plans.

Legacy Plans

We’re by no means spring chickens when it comes to the telecoms market, so we do have a number of legacy plans from when we first launched. These plans are only available to existing customers.

If you’re an existing 48 customer, prior to the 2nd of February, see your allowance benefits below in our plan guide.

Plans Guide: New versus Legacy

48 Plan Guide 05.12.2023.PNG

Fair usage policy applies where * indicated, for more info, see here 

Ways to Buy Plans & Additional Credit.

How can I add credit or buy my plan? 

We’re 100% digital, so you can purchase your plan and add credit on 48.ie, or through your My48 app (available on Android and IOS).

Giving you more bang for your buck helps to keep our prices competitive. We’re all about choice, so you have several options to purchase your plan. Have a look, and pick the option that suits you best!

They are:  

• Auto-renew: This is the easiest and simplest way to add a plan and ensure you never miss out. Just choose the plan you want to recur monthly, and register your card details on your My48 account. The plan you have selected will automatically renew on the same day each month, without the need for you to log in or overthink things. 
  • Manual: Buy your plan when and if you need it manually through your My48. Remember to check your My48 for your renewal date, so you don’t miss out.  Your current plan expiry date will display in My48 section.
  • Stack Plans: If you’re feeling flush some months over others, you can treat yourself in advance and purchase plans upfront so they’re stacked/queued and will kick in automatically. You’ll be able to see your stacked plans by checking My48 and selecting Plans within the menu.  
  • Bulk Plan: Bulk plan allows you to buy 6 or 12 months of plans upfront. Similar to stacked plan, the next 6/12 months are queued and will apply autopmatically. Simply Login to My48 > Go to Plan. 
  • Credit: Sometimes credit suits your needs. You can select the amount of credit to add to your account, then use that to purchase plans or add-ons at a later date. To add credit to your account, select Setting > Payment Details > Add Credit.  
  • Text: If you’re on one of our older plans pre-March 2020, you can still buy all our of legacy plans or add-ons by sending a simple text. You just need to ensure you have some credit on your number already. 

What payment Cards can I use?  

We accept Visa Credit, Visa Debit, MasterCard & Laser card. 

We don't accept American Express or Diners Club.

How do I add a Payment Card to my account?

Login to your My48 account >> Go to My Profile >> Payment Details. Here you'll see the option to add, edit, or delete your card details.  Here's a how-to video that will help:

Can someone else buy my plan or add credit to My48 account?  

Absolutely! If you have a generous friend, they can purchase your plan or gift you additional credit through the 48 Gift Shop. All they need to do is enter the 48 customer's number, choose the credit amount or plan option, and then select Buy Now.  

Just a Heads Up: If your friend has gifted you additional credit rather than a plan, you’ll need to login to your My48 account to purchase your plan from your new available credit balance. Don't worry, you'll get a text notification to let you know that additional credit has been applied to your account 😎.  

Additional Plan Queries

Do I need to set up Auto Renew?

For new customers, auto renew is the default payment method when you buy your first plan, but you can turn this off in My Profile under Payment Details.

For existing customers, you’ll need to manually turn on auto renew when either buying your plan, or through Your My Profile in My48. Check out our how-to video below:

How long will my Auto Renew be set up for? 

Once you switch on auto renew, your plan will automatically renew as long as you remain a 48 customer, and your payment card is in date and active. 

If you want to amend your auto renew details (e.g. switch it off/change your plan or change payment card), you can do this through your My Profile section in your My48 account.

Do I need to have an active plan to set this up? 

Yes. In order to switch on auto renew, you will need to buy a plan first. Once you switch it on, we will send you a confirmation text. Every month before your plan renews, you'll also get a reminder text. If you want to amend auto renew (switch off/change plan/change payment method), it’s all available at your ‘My48’.

I have stacked/queued plans now, so can I set up an auto renew now? 

You’ll need to wait until you’ve reached your last stacked plan, and then you can go ahead and set up auto renew. 

When will the auto renew occur, and when will my card be charged? 

Your card will be charged on the day your new plan renews every month. For example, if your plan automatically renews on the 28thof the month, payment will be taken on that day. You will get a reminder text 2 days before your plan renews, letting you know about your plan and the cost that’ll be taken.  

What happens if my auto renew payment fails? My card has expired? Is cancelled or there are insufficient funds available? 

If your payment is declined, we will send you a text asking you to update your saved card details.  

To buy your next plan, you’ll need to update your card details and then manually buy your plan. You’ll also need opt-in back into auto renew so your future plans are automatically renewed.  

Can I use Revolut or Paypal Card?

Yes we accept Revolut payments. We don't accept PayPal.

Can I set up recurring payments for other stuff, e.g., cash credit when the balance falls below a limit, add-ons when allowances are used up, etc.

No, currently auto renew is only available for your plan.  

Is there a cut off time for removing recurring or changing plans before due date?

Yes, if you want to change your auto renew details, it needs to be completed before 10pm on the evening that your current plan expires. This is to make sure that we can process all requests for the following day.

Can I pay multiple accounts with one card?

Yes, you can indeed 👍

If you haven't found the answer to your query above, then 48 Customer Care is available on chat to help here.

Was this article helpful? Yes No
Version history
Last update:
‎05-12-2023 02:45 PM
Updated by: