Members

Highlighted
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

How do I keep my old number?

[ Edited ]

If you want to bring your number over to 48, there are 3 simple steps to do it. Your 48 SIM must be active already.

First, you’ll need to go to our Move my number page.

Important: before you submit your request on our page:

• You must have your old operator’s SIM in the phone so you’ll get the security code to your old number. Do not install the 48 SIM yet at this stage.
  • Make sure your phone is unlocked before proceeding. For information on unlocking, check our Unlock Guide. If you are sure your phone is unlocked, then continue with step 1.

STEP 1:  GET THE SECURITY CODE

On the “Move my number” page, pop the number you want to move into the box and hit “get security code”.

You should receive a text to that number within 15 minutes.

More info

STEP 2:  SELECT ACCOUNT TYPE & ENTER SECURITY CODE

Select the account type from these options:

• Bill pay: paid your bill monthly with your old network. We will also need your old billpay number (If not sure, just give your old network a quick call)
  • Pre Pay Registered: pay as you go with your old network and they held your personal details
  • Pre Pay Unregistered: pay as you go with your old network and they did not have any of your details

And enter your security code.

STEP 3:  CONFIRM T&Cs AND MOVE YOUR NUMBER

Have a quick read of the T&Cs and then hit “move your number”.

If you submit your port during transfer hours it will take up to 3 hours.

Please note: number transfer hours are 8am to 6pm Mon-Fri, 10am to 4pm Sat and Sun.

Outside opening hours you can still submit your request but the clock won’t start until the next morning.

Community Manager

Re: How do I keep my old number?

In addition to the above info about keeping your old number, we have the following FAQs related to the process of joining 48.

Posts that might be of interest: