Members

The Legend

Re: Voicemail

[ Edited ]

It does.

It's #004# to switch it off.

The guide doesn't make it clear that it's *004# to switch it on. (And some posts elsewhere mistakenly say *#004# which is not a valid short code).

172 doesn't give me options for switching it on/off - just some other menu options. I guess that's what you got too?

There may be another 004 code to check the current on/off status without changing it but I don't know what it is.

Hope this helps

How do I switch my voicemail off?

To switch off your voicemail you’ll need to use the following shortcode number that you simply dial on your mobile (they don’t cost anything to use):

172 (or alternatively dial #004#)

To check the status of your voicemail if you’re not sure if it’s switched on, dial *004#

When you ‘switch off’/disable voicemail, it stops all calls going to your voicemail. This covers all types of call situations which would normally be diverted to voicemail (i.e. when you don’t answer a call, when your phone is switched off, when you’re on another call).

It's #004# to switch it off and *004# to switch it on.

172 doesn't work for me for switching it on/off - if only gives other options unrelated to switching it on/off.

Hope this helps.

If this answers your question then please mark your question as solved - see here.

Thanks
Posted from Apple iPhone
Average Joe

Hi Team,

I set my personal greeting(voicemail) but it wont let me switch it on when I input *004#. The error comes back - ''Error Performing Request, Unknown Error, Setting Activation Failed''.. It allows me to turn it of when i input #004# however ' Setting Deactivation succeeded''.

I really need this to be turned, HELP!

The Legend

[ Edited ]

Both *004# for on and #004# for off work fine for me on Android 4.1.2 JB.

When I dial *004# and hit call/send I get:

MMI code started 

and then

Call forwarding

Service was enabled.

OK

When i dial #004# and hit call/send I get:

MMI code started

and then

Call forwarding

Service has been disabled

OK

If *004# is not working for you then you probably need ask 48 support for advice/assistance:

Guide on how to get help 

Edit: do you have an active membership as voicemail does not work without one?

Hope this helps.

If this answers your question then please mark your question as solved - see here.
Hot Rod

Voicemail

How do you set up voicemail on Iphone 5s? Followed steps on the website but says error?
Posted from Apple iPhone
The Legend

You mean these instructions?

How do I use my Voicemail?

When/where exactly did you get an error and what was it?

Bear in mind that I don't think that this integrates with the iPhone visual voicemail feature but I'm not 100% sure.

Maybe some other iPhone user could clarify?

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT201436

Hope this helps.

The Legend

Any update?

Average Joe

Voicemail

Do I need to contact 48 to setup voicemail on my iPhone 6?
Posted from Apple iPhone
The Legend

No.
See here

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/How-do-I-use-my-Voicemail/td-p/44/jump-to/fir...

I don't think that 48 supports iPhone Visual Voicemail though in case that's an issue for you.

Hope this helps.

Posted from Micromax A310
The Legend

Did that help at all?

Average Joe

Voicemail

Hi I have been locked out of my voicemail how do I reactivate? Also where do I get my pin?

Thanks
Posted from Apple iPhone
The Legend

[ Edited ]

You need to contact 48 support to get them to reset it as explained in the voicemail FAQ/guide:

How do I use my Voicemail?

Contact them here:

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

Make sure to choose a PIN that you will remember next time.

Hope this helps.

The Legend

Did that help at all?

Hot Rod

Hi I Am in the process of setting up my voicemail on iPhone 5s and entered all the options. However when I go to access my voicemail it says I need a pin or mmi code ? Can you please help its urgent
Posted from Apple iPhone
Hot Rod

Firther to my previous message it is now saying my account is locked? Please help
Posted from Apple iPhone