Members

Buddy

Re: Voicemail

Thanks but it doesn't give the option to turn off your voicemail. It gives you options for greetings only. But thank you.
Posted from Apple iPhone
The Legend

[ Edited ]

It does.

It's #004# to switch it off.

The guide doesn't make it clear that it's *004# to switch it on. (And some posts elsewhere mistakenly say *#004# which is not a valid short code).

172 doesn't give me options for switching it on/off - just some other menu options. I guess that's what you got too?

There may be another 004 code to check the current on/off status without changing it but I don't know what it is.

Hope this helps

How do I switch my voicemail off?

To switch off your voicemail you’ll need to use the following shortcode number that you simply dial on your mobile (they don’t cost anything to use):

172 (or alternatively dial #004#)

To check the status of your voicemail if you’re not sure if it’s switched on, dial *004#

When you ‘switch off’/disable voicemail, it stops all calls going to your voicemail. This covers all types of call situations which would normally be diverted to voicemail (i.e. when you don’t answer a call, when your phone is switched off, when you’re on another call).

It's #004# to switch it off and *004# to switch it on.

172 doesn't work for me for switching it on/off - if only gives other options unrelated to switching it on/off.

Hope this helps.

If this answers your question then please mark your question as solved - see here.
Buddy

Thanks
Posted from Apple iPhone
Average Joe

Hi Team,

I set my personal greeting(voicemail) but it wont let me switch it on when I input *004#. The error comes back - ''Error Performing Request, Unknown Error, Setting Activation Failed''.. It allows me to turn it of when i input #004# however ' Setting Deactivation succeeded''.

I really need this to be turned, HELP!

The Legend

[ Edited ]

Both *004# for on and #004# for off work fine for me on Android 4.1.2 JB.

When I dial *004# and hit call/send I get:

MMI code started 

and then

Call forwarding

Service was enabled.

OK

When i dial #004# and hit call/send I get:

MMI code started

and then

Call forwarding

Service has been disabled

OK

If *004# is not working for you then you probably need ask 48 support for advice/assistance:

Guide on how to get help 

Edit: do you have an active membership as voicemail does not work without one?

Hope this helps.

If this answers your question then please mark your question as solved - see here.
Hot Rod

Voicemail

When I try to set up voice mail it says to contact service provider when I try defaults it says error and won't work can you help please
Posted from Apple iPhone
The Legend

[ Edited ]

How exactly are you trying to set it up?

When exactly do you experience problems?

Did you follow the key post on this?

How do I use my Voicemail?

If you did and it still doesn't work then you may need to contact 48 support for assistance:

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

Hope this helps.

Edit: this may also be relevant:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/How-do-I-set-up-my-voicemail-to-work-automatically-on-my-i...

Hot Rod

**61plus 003535plus my numberand hash put in and phone button and it says unknown error
Posted from Apple iPhone
The Legend

[ Edited ]

You're dialing the wrong code to enable it.
You should be using

**61*+3538951234567#

assuming your mobile number is 0891234567 (or in international format: +353891234567).

Option three

To enable this: dial **61* followed by your voicemail number, followed by #, and hit call

To cancel this: dial ##61#

To check the status of this option: dial *#61#

So if you want to enable option 3 and your mobile number is 089 1234567, dial **61*+3538951234567# and hit call.

Hope this helps.

Posted from Android 4.0
Hot Rod

This worked but when I press voicemail on phone menu it says cannot connect to voicemail please connect service provider
Posted from Apple iPhone
The Legend

[ Edited ]

I think the built in voicemail option on iPhones is for something called "visual voicemail" and it may not work with all providers.

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT201436

If you just dial 171 then you should be able to connect to your voicemail. You'll have to contact 48 support to check if the iPhone voicemail thing can be made to work on 48. If you get an answer maybe post it here for the benefit of others?

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

Hope this helps.

Hot Rod

Thank you this helped
Posted from Apple iPhone
The Legend

Glad it helped.

Were support able to clarify if iPhone/iOS "visual voicemail" can be made to work on 48?

Hot Rod

Voicemail

How do you set up voicemail on Iphone 5s? Followed steps on the website but says error?
Posted from Apple iPhone
The Legend

You mean these instructions?

How do I use my Voicemail?

When/where exactly did you get an error and what was it?

Bear in mind that I don't think that this integrates with the iPhone visual voicemail feature but I'm not 100% sure.

Maybe some other iPhone user could clarify?

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT201436

Hope this helps.

Check these out