Community Manager
marionh
Accepted Solution

Need to swap your SIM?

[ Edited ]

If you are getting a shiny new phone and need a new type of SIM for it just follow the steps below.

1. Go to www.48months.ie, log in to My 48 and click on the Change My SIM button.

2. Go to step 1, select 'Swap my SIM - I need a new type of SIM' and hit continue.

changemysimstep1.png

3. On the 'Order a replacement SIM' form, pick your SIM type and fill in your delivery address. Make sure you select the correct SIM type for your new phone. Order a "dual SIM" if you need a micro SIM. Proceed by clicking on the 'Send me my new SIM' button.

orderreplacementsim.png

4. When you get your new SIM –  log back in to Change My SIM and go to Step 2 where you can activate your SIM. You will need to enter the six digit registration code on the SIM card.

Your new SIM should be up and running in 10 minutes. Your number and membership or credit will transfer to the new SIM.

You can only Swap to a SIM you have ordered through the Change my SIM section. If you use a SIM you have lying around or you use the Free SIM page your number and account won’t transfer. If this happens you will need to contact customer care.

Introductions thread  Kudos

Community Manager
marionh

Re: Need to swap your SIM?

[ Edited ]

In addition to the above, we have the following FAQs  about SIMs in case you didn't find the answer you were looking for:

Related posts that might be of interest:

Introductions thread  Kudos