cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acess to my data info

spunk84
Visitor
Hi was just wondering if someone could call up or email 48 and ask for my ip to be traced or give my number and for it to be traced ? Seen online a company here in Ireland received a mail , tracked that ip and called up and asked for the person email and info etc and was given it 😵 Say this isn't so ????
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

I'm not really sure that I understand the scenario that you outline.

You're asking if somebody other than you can contact 48 and get personal/technical data relevant to you/your account/connection etc.?

Is the scenario that you describe something that you know actually happened?

With 48? Or some other company/service provider?

For one thing there is no way for ANYBODY to call 48 support at all - not even customers/members.

All support is online.

In my experience they only discuss account matters with the account holder - verified by login or by providing other identifying info that they have on file.

In fact even when I was asking them about technical issues that my girlfriend was having they'd always politely tell me that SHE had to contact them and that data protection legislation precluded them from dealing with me.

Their privacy policy might also be relevant here:

Privacy Policy

If you have a concern then you might want to contact 48 support to discuss it:

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

2 REPLIES 2

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

I'm not really sure that I understand the scenario that you outline.

You're asking if somebody other than you can contact 48 and get personal/technical data relevant to you/your account/connection etc.?

Is the scenario that you describe something that you know actually happened?

With 48? Or some other company/service provider?

For one thing there is no way for ANYBODY to call 48 support at all - not even customers/members.

All support is online.

In my experience they only discuss account matters with the account holder - verified by login or by providing other identifying info that they have on file.

In fact even when I was asking them about technical issues that my girlfriend was having they'd always politely tell me that SHE had to contact them and that data protection legislation precluded them from dealing with me.

Their privacy policy might also be relevant here:

Privacy Policy

If you have a concern then you might want to contact 48 support to discuss it:

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

spunk84
Visitor
Was thinking that as well , I know someone just couldn't call up and say can you give me such such info over the , Gards can't even do that without some sort of need for it . Must of read it wrong