Community Manager (retired)
Denise

Internet not working?

[ Edited ]

Getting internet set up on your phone can be a major pain.
We’ve got internet guides that show you how to get it set up. But let’s face it, it’s not the easiest process & most nod off before line 4.

We’ve found a service that we hope will make it way easier. We want to test it & make sure it does what it says on the tin.

Will you give it a try & tell us what you think about it?

Here’s what you need to do:

1. Follow this link
  2. Complete the three steps
  3. Wait for the text message (or for some phones the step by step guide) that'll sort everything out for you.

What we would especially like to know is:

• What phone you're using
  • How many text messages you received
  • If it worked full stop.

Thanks for helping us out. 

If you have any mates on 48 who are stuck without internet, send them here.

Like something? Give some kudos
Don't be a stranger and introduce yourself
Need help? Type your question in the search box here

Got a helpful answer? Click "accept as solution" to say thanks
Level 1: First Base
fufu24

Re: Internet not working?

Hi Denise,

I've tried 3 times and I'm not getting a text message from the tewaker so just wondering what I do now?

Bronagh :)

Level 48: Van Wilder
dalyer

Yeah - I tried it to see if it could configure my Huawei Ascend G300 U8815 (running Android 2.3 Gingerbread) and never got any text. I tried several times. I also tried my Vodafone Smart 858/Huawei U8160 but it doesn't seem to support automatic pushed configuration for that device so just listed the manual steps. In both cases I know how to configure the settings manually or using the Tweakker APN Android app but I was just curious about if/how the online configurator worked. I raised a support request with 48 support but no clear answer yet. I'll post back if/when they can explain/fix the issue.

Hope this helps.

If this answers your question then please mark your question as solved - see here.
fufu24

Thank you for your reply..Do I just sit and wait now on someone to get back to me or is there anything I can do..?

dalyer

Try the Tweakker Apn app from the google play store or apple store and see if that works. Or try to configure the settings manually using the relevant guide for your phone in the main internet settings thread.

Hope this helps.

If this answers your question then please mark your question as solved - see here.
Posted from Huawei U8815
tippjack

I have tried the tweaker for nokia 820 and cant get the internet all all tried 3 times.i can fone and text no problem...what else can i try to fix this

Community Manager (retired)
Denise

Hey tippjack,

thanks for your feedback on this, shame it's not working the way it should! We'll have a look into that.

Like something? Give some kudos
Don't be a stranger and introduce yourself
Need help? Type your question in the search box here

Got a helpful answer? Click "accept as solution" to say thanks
tippjack

when will i have it working..JJ

dalyer

fufu24 wrote:

Hi Denise,

I've tried 3 times and I'm not getting a text message from the tewaker so just wondering what I do now?

Bronagh :)

Hi Bronagh - can you post back with details of your phone make and model so that it can be added to the list of phones that don't seem to work with the online configurator right now please? Thanks.

jcena

Can you give me the internet settings for the ipad mini
Posted from Samsung GT-I8190N